Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Paris Hilton makes Mother Theresa look like Lindsay Lohan


Paris Hilton is making a humanitarian trip to Rwanda to help families and children in need. Well, I guess that's it. That's my punchline. There's nothing I could possibly say that could make that sound any more ridiculous. We might as well make her President of the United States.

Here's what she had to say:

“I want to visit more countries where poverty and children's issues are a big concern. I know there's a lot of good I can do just by getting involved and bringing attention to these issues.”

I'm no sociologist (actually, I'm just being modest. I am a sociologist.) but aren't poverty and "children's issues" also a problem in the U.S.? My guess is that she just wants an excuse to go to Africa to procure some home furnishings and blood diamonds on the cheap. She's probably going to fly in, pose for some pictures with some black children (maybe one of her holding one...or kissing it on the cheek?) then spend the rest of the time poaching elephants and demanding that a whole village give up it's water supply so she can take 45 minute showers. God, she is so selfless.

No comments: