Friday, September 21, 2007

Kathy Griffin hates Jesus


I don't know how this slipped by me, but Kathy Griffin made the best Emmy speech ever. Actually, I'm pretty sure it was the best speech of all time. Sorry Martin Luther King, that I Have a Dream thing was momentous and all, but this shit just takes the cake. Here's what she said:

"I want you to know that no one had less to do with this award than Jesus. So, all I can say is, 'suck it, Jesus.' This award is my god now."

Predictably, this statement pissed off some people in the South. A theater in, I shit you not, Pigeon Forge, Tennessee, took $90,000 of their own money to run a full-page ad in USA Today (obviously they chose the newspaper for halfwit illiterates) condemning her speech.

"We at The Miracle Theater consider it an honor to stand for Jesus today. We may never win a national award. We may never be household names. We may never be seen in Hollywood. Although others may choose to use their national platform to slander our God, we are honored as professional entertainers to stand for Christ."

Okay, whatever. You're entitled to your opinion and all, but dropping $90k to share it with a bunch of retards who read USA Today is probably not the most intelligent thing to do. Shit, for $90k they could have built a 300 foot tall Jesus and planted it on Kathy Griffin's front yard with a sign that says, "I'm watching you." That would have been way more powerful. And way more funnier.

2 comments:

Annie said...

way more funnier huh?

ilikestuff said...

yep. way more funnier