Monday, June 25, 2007

Hot Jam of the Week: Lil' Mama "Lipgloss"

Finally, a song worthy of usurping Kelis' "Bossy" as my $3 downloaded ringtone of choice (I've had that song for ages....I think if I hear the lyrics "I'm the first girl to scream on the track/I switched up the beat of the drum/that's right, I brought all the boys to the yard/and that's right, I'm the one that's tattoeed on his arm.." one more time, I'm probably going to go completely ballistic and kill everyone around me with nothing more than a blunt object and some rage. No, I'm just kidding. I still want to listen to it like, a bajillion more times.)




The video is awesome, too. (Kind of like a pop-y, pseudo hip-hopped out version of Saved By the Bell... only with dancing. And good music. And black people.) But there's something about her face that makes her look like a 41 year-old trapped in a 16-year-old's body. It kinda creeps me out. If she were to corner me in a dark alley, I'd probably punch her in the face and run.

1 comment:

Jewmaican said...

I see now why you like this song. It's catchy... I guess.