Tuesday, November 27, 2007

The Brits like gay people


Elton John's life partner, a Canadian by the name of David Furnish, is supporting a bill in the UK that would make it illegal to tell homophobic jokes. If the bill is passed and you are found guilty of gay-hatin' you could face up to 7 years in the slammer. David said,

"I think any sort of hatred is unacceptable so yes, I support it. That said, I think this country is unbelievably tolerant and I feel privileged to live here and to be married to a Brit - as well as thankful that I can be married to a Brit."

First of all, this guy is one lucky bitch because he has British citizenship. Hell, I'd marry Elton John for British citizenship. Secondly, this shit is just not gonna happen. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for gay pride, but how do you enforce something like that? It's like trying to outlaw ignorance. It's a nice thought, but what would we do without ignorant people? We'd have no one to look down on, make fun of, or otherwise disparage.

...And if you outlaw gay jokes than you have to outlaw Jew jokes, racist jokes, jokes about women, jokes about midgets, and you definitely can't tell jokes about black Jewish gay midgets. And I don't want to live in a world where you can't tell jokes about black Jewish gay midgets.

Thank God, even if this law passes, there's no way in hell it'd make it to America. Because in America there are few things held more sacred than the right to disseminate hatred. Oh, except maybe the right to a Starbuck's on every corner...and a drive-thru within 5 miles of your home... I think those are in the constitution.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good for people to know.