Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Ok Weezy, stop talking now


Weezy F. Baby was spitting some more nonsense at Blender Magazine this month. Mostly, it was all in good fun. When asked how he likes to waste time (and specifically, what he likes to watch on TV), he said,
"I don't watch anything where they go 'action' and 'cut' cause that means its not real. If I wanna see some acting, I can get 15 naked bitches to act out a scene. I'm a real life nigga. Life's too short for me to die tomorrow and the only thing I know about is the last episode of Law and Order."
But then he spilled this disturbing information:
"I wasn't ever no action-figure kid, if I wanted to fight, I'd fight for real." Wayne thanks his mother, Cita Carter, for this mentality. A tough-as-nails chef, she raised him by herself, teaching him early on how to act like a man. When he was in junior high, she gave him his first Glock, with instructions to empty it into the first guy that messed with him.
Maybe I'm just a little hyper-sensitive right now because I just finished the gut-wrenching 4th Season of The Wire, but WTF kind of woman does that shit? Was she trying to get him killed? I know I'm not allowed to have an opinion on this because I didn't grow up on the streets, I'm white, and I've never had the pleasure of being introduced to the juvenile justice system, but it seems to me that giving your middle school child a handgun only sets them up for, well, failure. In the form of death or dismemberment.

I wish he'd stop trying to rep his fucked up childhood like it's something to emulate. Inner city kids have enough obstacles to deal with. SMH.

No comments: